Honest talk about the San Jose Sharks.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Why not Greiss?

I have been defending Coach McLellan all season long in spite of the inconsistent play we've seen.  I think it has more to do with the players than him.  That being said, I don't understand why he keeps pushing Niemi out there night in and out.  Sure, Niemi is the starter, but he has struggled of late and Greiss has not been handed many starts of late.

Tonight, the Sharks are playing for the second straight night in a row.  So far, I'm seeing that Niemi is probable.  I'm calling for Greiss to start.  Niemi hasn't been getting it done, why not try the stud backup who is capable of performing in this type of situation?

If Niemi fails and lets in soft goals, I'm blaming McLellan for it.  He's a good coach, but he needs to stop babying Niemi.  Niemi played his best and won the Cup when he was wrestling away time from his counterpart.  He needs that kind of competition to stay on his toes.

Here's to hoping Coach Grey figures it out.

As always,

Go Sharks!

No comments:

Post a Comment