Honest talk about the San Jose Sharks.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Down and out...for now.

So the Sharks ended up with the same lines they iced against the Ducks.  Can't blame Niemi for this one.  He made some good saves and only gave up 2.  That's completely reasonable and something the Sharks offense should be more than able to deal with.  In fact, I read earlier a quote from the CSNCA crew that McLellan has stated that their offense has been the issue on the road.  For whatever reason, they aren't scoring then.

I'll tell you something, there were moments when Marleau looked completely out of sync and simply deadpan.  Couture had a great opportunity he didn't put in.  He slammed his stick down on the ice in frustration.  That's the kind of stuff I want to see.  That shows heart.  It means something to him.  I'm not trying to piggy-back on the Jeremy Roenick bus, but he has a point.

I'll say it now, I want to see Marleau traded this summer regardless of the outcome of this season.  He's just not a fit and I'd rather have a legit winger in his stead (Nash anyone?).  Shoot, it doesn't have to be Nash as I hate his cap hit of 7.8 million.  That's high.  I wouldn't mind trading him for a high draft pick or prospect who could make the jump.  His value is plummeting and this is becoming a new post for the future.

That being said, the Sharks were not on their game.  I was watching it with family and my buddy who is now my sort of brother-in-law is getting into the game and he was noticing that the Sharks from the get-go looked like they were trying to do too much.  These are signs of an immature team in essentially a playoff situation as they are playing for the playoffs.  This is not indicative of a team that's gone to two straight Western Conference Finals.  Or is it?  Are they fatigued from so many long playoff runs?  I don't think so.

This is a team that has a serious identity crisis in the locker room.  I don't think there is any one malignant  cancer in the room, but there appears to be some who must be benign tumors that just need to be cut off so the rest of the team can function at their best.

Until next time and always,

Go Sharks!

No comments:

Post a Comment