Honest talk about the San Jose Sharks.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Murky Waters

The Sharks find themselves back in 3rd place in the Western Conference race.  This is impressive considering just a week or so ago fans found their team as low as 12th place in the conference.  I have mixed feelings about this.

On one hand, I want this team to make the playoffs as they should, and maybe they'll surprise me and pull through to the Cup finals.  Stranger things have happened (Tampa anyone?).

On the other hand, I really don't think they will.  They have been too inconsistent this year to make me believe they can do it.  I really liked the trade with Colorado for Galiardi and Winnik.  These guys seemed like good solid depth forwards who could have the impact needed.  It isn't until now that the team is healthy again.

Then, if I had a third hand, which sadly I don't, I would say I don't want them to make the playoffs.  This is just a nagging feeling, but this team is built for now, and our future is very very unclear (hence murky waters).  The prospects pool is depleted and dried up.  What we need are more young guys and to start shipping out some of the older ones.  I'll name those later during the week or when playoffs finish.  I'm going to try to be objective and let this team that Doug Wilson has assembled play some more before I pass any more judgement on them.

Here's to hoping the Duck Hunt tonight goes well.

As always,

Go Sharks!

No comments:

Post a Comment