Honest talk about the San Jose Sharks.

Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Sharks were drowned by the Blues

I'll say it, the Blues were the better team all series long, and even regular season long.

So the Sharks lost to the better team, but that doesn't take away the fact that this is not sufficient for the team, management, owners, and the fans.

So what to do?


  • No more minor tweaking in the off season.  This needs to be a full on overhaul.  I'm talking just about anyone is available for the right price.  Let's get younger, and lets get some good high-end prospects that are likely to produce soon.  The problem is, we don't have much in the cupboards, but have a ton of talent to trade that's already in the NHL. 
  • Wilson has always been a GM who's been willing to make the big moves, but they just haven't worked out.  I don't know who to replace him with, but I'm really wishing Yzerman had waited to go into the GM business this year.  
  • Don't fire McLellan.  I don't think he's the issue and I think this is more of a player personnel problem at this point.  The core isn't getting it done, so things need to get changed.
  • Management needs to make a plan. They need to make a master plan and outline their goals and present them to the State of the Sharks meeting coming up.  People will be upset, but if they see a plan that is going to be put into affect, things might settle down quickly, but we need to see results. 
Doesn't sound like an easy summer to me.  I just hope the Sharks actually do something and don't just make minor tweaks.  We've run with this core for sometime and it hasn't worked.  Sure, they made it to two straight conference finals, but that's not enough.  The organization can't settle for that as the fans will settle for nothing less than a championship.  

In the upcoming week, I'm going to make a list of trades/moves I would seriously seek out if I'm apart of the management making the deals here.  So stay tuned! 

As always,

Go Sharks!

P.S. Please comment on your own thought you Jawheads and Puckheads. 

No comments:

Post a Comment